- Fresh spinach, 1kg
- Eggs, 3
- Onion, 2 – 3 small, thinly sliced –
- Garlic, 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Cooking Oil
- Pinch of Persian All Red Saffron
- Black pepper
- Wash spinach and cut into small pieces. Slightly cook with half a cup of water and a bit of salt over medium heat for a few minutes. Drain water (using the back of a spoon to squeeze extra water from spinach.
Grind Saffron then add 1/2 a cup of hot water (not boiling water). leave it for approx. 10 minutes covered.
- Fry sliced onions in olive oil in a non-stick pan until golden brown. Add spinach and fry for a few more minutes. Flatten the surface with a wooden spoon and break the eggs on top, taking care not to break the egg yoke. Add saffron mix. Add Salt and pepper to taste and cover the pan until eggs are cooked but the yoke should remain soft.
- Garnish with a few spinach leaves and saffron threads.
It is ready to enjoy
– An Excellent vegetarian or side dish.
– Extra virgin Olive oil will be the best as you have a few minutes of frying.
Enjoy reading this?
Join our newsletter today!Join Now