Almond Saffron Milk is truly a multi-purpose drink. It can be consumed at celebrations and it can be had just before bed for a good night sleep. This drink can be served both hot and cold and the tasty blend of nuts, along with the flavour and aroma of saffron provides a luxurious refreshment. All ages can enjoy this fabulous drink, so stock up the cupboard and fridge with the ingredients and start drinking Almond Saffron Milk.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 600ml milk
- 10 almonds
- 10 pistachios
- ¼ tsp of cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 5-10 strands of saffron
- Soak the almonds and pistachios for 10 minutes in hot water.
- Remove the almonds and pistachios from water and peel the skin off.
- Add 30mls of the milk to the almonds and pistachios and grind until smooth.
- Boil the remaining milk in a heavy bottom pan over a medium-high heat, stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add the grinded almonds and pistachios, sugar, cardamom and saffron strands. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stir often.
- Remove from heat and serve either warm or chilled.
- Garnish with extra nuts.
Enjoy reading this?
Join our newsletter today!Join Now